Immunoassay Testing Services
Absorption Systems is a GLP/GMP facility offering support from early drug discovery through Phase IV clinical trials. Our team has many years of experience in the development and validation of immunoassays for compound screening, ADA, Nab, PK, biomarkers testing using a variety of methodologies.
The Absorption Systems Difference
We provide a white-glove service covering all aspects of your immunoassay needs from preparing sample collection kits and training clinical sites for proper specimen management to creating FDA-ready validation and/or sample analysis reports. You are kept up to date on all aspects of your projects through weekly progress reports and/or teleconferences.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How is immunoassay testing performed and what does it measure?
Immunoassay testing is a highly selective bioanalytical method that measures the presence or concentration of analytes ranging from small molecules to macromolecules in a solution through the use of an antibody or an antigen as a biorecognition agent.
What do your immunoassay formats include?
- Competitive technique
- Direct binding study
- Immunoglobulin Screening
- Client Specific Assay Formats
What is Quantitative Western Blot analysis?
Western blot analysis is an immunological testing method that can detect a protein of interest from a mixture of a great number of proteins. Western blotting generates information about the size of a protein and how that protein is expressed when compared directly to a control sample. Samples for analysis can include cells, tissues, and synthesized recombinant proteins. The success of the western blot method depends upon the quality and specificity of the antibodies used to detect a response against a specific protein of interest.
Does Absorption Systems offer GLP and cGMP methods of Western Blot testing?
Absorption Systems can generate a method for a western blot utilized in either R&D applications or in a GLP/cGMP study. There is an additional charge for GLP and cGMP methods as compared to R&D projects. Using the Syngene System, western blots can be quantitated through the GeneSnap Software and particular methods can be validated for use in clinical trials.
Our capabilities include:
- Measurement of small molecules, peptides, and large proteins for R&D or product release (cGMP)
- Immunoassays for the monitoring of antibody or protein levels throughout a clinical study in complete compliance with GLP guidelines
- Development of an immunoassay-based screening protocol against your lead compound
- Assay design and detection systems for antibodies with unique specifications; quantitative detection systems for antibodies with unique specifications
- Quantitative detection systems for the determination of contaminants in highly purified products
- Immunoassays utilized for the detection of cytokines or cell surface markers
- Use of commercial kits in compliance with cGMP or GLP guidelines
- Monoclonal antibody screening (Western blot or ELISA)
TECHNOLOGIES AND METHODOLOGIES
Our most common immunoassay methodologies include:
- Validate the commercial kits, assay transfer or develop the test from the scratch (LDT)
- Can perform Assay Qualification, RUO Validation, and GxP Validation
- Any applications related to antigen -antibodies interaction
- Large molecules and protein PK studies
- ADA, TAb, NAb detection
- Quantitative Western Blot
- Enzyme Activity Assays
- ELISpot and FluoroSpot
- Assays in 96-well plates allow rapid analysis of large numbers of samples
- Quantification of the number of cytokine (for example IFN-γ or TNF-α) secreting cells.
- The ELISPOT assay can be used to determine effects of drugs or other compounds on cytokine secretion in vitro.
- Monocytes/macrophages/dendritic cells characterization
- Apolipoproteins analysis
- The ELISPOT assay can be used to determine the frequency of antigen-specific cytotoxic T cells (CTL) in fresh unstimulated peripheral blood.
- Luminex Multiplex Technology
- Luminex technology is based on the principles of Flow Cytometry. It uses a single 5.6 micron size microspehere that are dyed with red and infrared dyes in different combinations to create 500 uniquely colored microspheres.
- Luminex bead array assays are widely used for rapid biomarker quantification
- Assessment of serological immunity after successful vaccination
- Assessment of immunogenicity
- Cytokines, chemokines and growth factors
- Cell signaling pathways
- Adverse effect diagnosis, for example, cytokine storm, by comparing a baseline samples to various time points after administration of vaccines
- Ready to use kits from Vendors (Affymetrix, Millipore, Bio-Rad etc) or use in-house developed kits.
- Fluorescent/Luminescent Assays
- PCR, qPCR, and ddPCR
- Transduction/Transfection efficiency
- Retroviral vector-based gene therapy products testing
- Analysis of patient PBMC for RCR-specific DNA sequences
- Determination of efficacy of drugs on target genes
- Analysis of the spread of diseases virus, bacterial, parasites
- Viral Shedding
- Gene Expression
- Mutation Detection
- Genetic Variation