Preclinical models of the cardiovascular system are essential in the development of clinical products including surgical tools, implantable medical devices and drug therapies for cardiovascular conditions. Without the right expertise, these studies can be expensive and inconclusive. Our experts are here to make things simple.
Cardiovascular devices are some of the most strictly regulated clinical products. They are also some of the most needed and potentially valuable.
Well-designed preclinical studies for vascular testing require an expert knowledge of the models, surgical techniques and endpoints available.
Absorption Systems’ takes an innovative approach to vascular studies:
- Implantable medical devices (IMDs): We conduct acute or long-term implantation surgeries in preclinincal models that best suit the study. Our comprehensive histopathology and systemic immune response measurements inform robust safety and efficacy assessments.
- Acute cardiovascular injury models: Preclinical studies of devices used for vascular surgeries such as thrombectomy and vessel cauterization is essential.
- Cardiovascular disease states: We model both systemic (e.g. diabetes, atherosclerosis) and localised (e.g. choroidal neovascularization and deep vein thrombosis) cardiovascular disease states using industry-standard preclinical systems.
Read how we’ve been working to combine the applications of vascular testing listed above to better recapilate human conditions in our recent white paper.
The Absorption Systems Difference
Absorption Systems can take your program from feasibility through 510k/PMA submission with our comprehensive portfolio of preclinical vascular services. Our vetinarians are experts in wide range of animal models and surgical techniques to suit your needs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What species do you work with?
Our vetinarians are experts in understanding which preclinical model best suits the cardiovascular testing question you have. They have access to the following models:
What types of vascular procedures do Absorption Systems evaluate?
We have experience in numerous vascular procedures, aimed at testing both implantable and non-implantable medical devices:
- Stent Placement
- LVAD Implants
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Local Drug Delivery via PTCA Balloon
- Thrombus Recanalization
- Venous Valve Transpositions
- Open Heart Implants
- Peripheral Vascular Grafts
- Coronary Vascular Grafts
- Induced Myocardial Infarctions
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Open Chest Cardiac Surgery
- Aneurysm Induction
What test articles do you use?
- Drug-Eluting Devices
- Grafts and Scaffolds
- Prosthetic Devices
- Catheter Devices
- Vascular Implant Devices
- Cell and Gene Therapies
Our USFDA-approved facilities and expert vetinarians provide studies you can trust:
- In-House IACUC
- AAALAC Accredited
- OLAW Assured
- GLP Compliant
- In-House Veterinarian
- Consultants specialized for specific vascular areas
TECHNOLOGIES AND METHODOLOGIES
- Fluoroscopic Radiography
- Blood Gas Measurement
- CT, Micro-CT
- Blood Chemistry
To find out more about how diagnostics can provide insight into disease models, read our deep dive on angiograms in age-related mascular degeneration (AMD) models here.