On November 3rd-6th, Absorption Solutions will be attending AAPS PharmSci 360 in San Antonio, Texas. Now in its second year, the event brings together scientists and businesses from across the drug discovery pipeline to connect, share experiences and problem solve. It aims to ‘combine all the energy of a large scientific conference with the intimacy of a niche meeting.
This year, PharmSci 360 will focus on 5 key tracks of pharmaceutical sciences: Preclinical Development, Bioanalytics, Clinical Pharmacology, Manufacturing and Bioprocessing, and Formulation and Quality. Each of these topics will be represented by keynote speakers and scientific poster sessions, as well as exhibitions from innovative pharmaceutical companies. Plenary speakers include the Nobel Prize for Chemistry co-recipient Peter Agre, M.D., and the President of Spark Therapeutics, Dr. Katherine A. High, M.D. suggesting that gene therapies may play a prominent role at the event. AAPS PharmSci 360 is also offering a host of networking opportunities via numerous community events and receptions.
Absorption Systems assists pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. The company’s mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that accurately predict human outcomes or explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur.
We’re excited to share our insights and expertise at AAPS PharmSci 360, and will be available at Booth #1202 throughout the event. If you’d like to talk with us, visit or schedule a meeting at the booth. We will be giving a number of booth presentations on the following topics:
- Proactively planning for in vitro DDI studies under a harmonized regulatory guideline (Monday, Nov 4 @ 3pm)
- Why bioassays are critical for an integrated approach to product bioequivalence (Tuesday, Nov 5 @ 11:30)
- Utilizing pre-clinical models to address challenges with novel drug delivery systems (Tuesday, Nov 5 @ 3pm)
In addition, our scientists will be presenting the following scientific posters highlighting some of our current research innvoations:
- Using Empty AAV Capsids to Reduce Inhibitory Effect of Neutralizing Antibodies on AAV Transduction (Forum 10 Monitor 69, Monday November 4th, 3:30pm)
- In Vitro and In Vivo Assessment of the Potential of Supersaturation to Enhance the Absorption of Poorly Soluble Basic Drugs (Forum 5 Monitor 32, Wednesday November 6th, 12:30pm)
AAPS PharmSci 360 promises to be an excellent opportunity to discover and discuss the latest news and innovations in the pharmaceuticals space today. Absorption Systems are excited to be attending and greatly look forward to speaking with you.