Absorption Systems is a biopharmaceutical research organization located in Exton, PA. Currently we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist – cell and molecular biologist to contribute to multiple bioassay development projects.
- Design and execute experiments/assays independently with the goal of establishing biological assays on multiple projects.
- Develop and perform broad range of biochemical and cell-based assays on all pertinent requests arising in the course of bioassay development projects.
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary teams working on different projects.
- Maintain accurate, precise, and comprehensive records in laboratory notebooks. Prepare reports on personal assignments and communicate progress periodically in project team meetings.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline with at least 2 years of laboratory experience in either an academic laboratory or drug discovery company.
- Cell biology expertise and cell-based assay development skills using transfection and transduction of mammalian cells, cell proliferation, apoptosis and reporter assays. Expertise in flow cytometry and QPCR is highly desirable.
- Basic molecular biology skills, protein expression in bacterial and eukaryotic cells, protein analysis by SDS-PAGE and Western blot.
- Familiarity with immunochemical methods (e.g. ELISA, immunoprecipitation, proximity assays) and/or fluorometry/colorimetry-based detection systems.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, dynamic and inquisitive person with good communication and problem solving skills.
- Experience handling multiple priorities with aggressive timelines independently.
- Expertise in assay development including: enzyme kinetics, ligand binding and protein-protein interactions.
- Computer skills: data processing skills using Windows based software (Excel, Sigma Plot, GraphPad Prizm, etc.).
Local Candidates Preferred.
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
- Medical Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Dental Insurance Plans with Employer Contribution
- Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Reimbursement Account – Funded by Employer
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse & Child(ren)
- Short & Long Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Profit Sharing Plan
About Absorption Systems
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situand in vivomodels to assess the properties in question. The company’s mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. The CellPort Technologies® platform, a suite of human cell-based test systems for drug transporter characterization, exemplifies Absorption Systems’ commitment to innovation and is soon to be an industry assay standard for in vitrodrug interaction assessment. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Please visit http://www.absorption.com to learn more.