Absorption Systems is an industry-leading biopharmaceutical contract research organization currently seeking an Scientist or Senior level Scientist for the Exton, PA facility. This position will report to the Associate Director, Pharmacokinetics and Bioanalysis. We are seeking a motivated individual with a strong science background (biology or chemistry) to join a team involved in the bioanalysis of preclinical in-vitro and in-vivo ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, and Excretion) and pharmacokinetic studies. The position is a bench chemist level position with primary duties in developing LC/MS/MS methods and preparing and analyzing samples from biological matrices using LC-MS/MS as the primary analytical instrumentation.
- Develop and qualify LC-MS/MS methods
- Optimize sample preparation for LC/MS/MS analysis
- Prepare samples for LC/MS/MS analysis.
- Independently perform LC-MS/MS Bioanalysis to support BCS, clinical and non-clinical studies
- LC-MS/MS data processing and interpretation
- Peer review of data
- Maintain proper documentation for all areas of study
- Perform duties in a timely manner to achieve study timelines
- Assist Study Directors on study related tasks
- Contribute to study report as needed
- Work on other assignments as directed by Management
- BS in chemistry, biochemistry or related discipline required. MS or Ph.d. degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related discipline preferred
- 4-6 years experience
- Experience with ABSciex mass spectrometers is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in developing and validating LC-MS/MS methods in support of clinical and non-clinical studies
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision/independently.
- Highly motivated individual with the capability to learn about the business.
- Strong work ethic and enjoy working in a fast paced, team environment.
- Attention to detail, good oral and written communication and strong computer skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
- Medical Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Dental Insurance Plans with Employer Contribution
- Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Reimbursement Account – Funded by Employer
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Life Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
- Employee AD&D Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse & Child(ren)
- Short Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Long Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Profit Sharing Plan
About Absorption Systems
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situand in vivomodels to assess the properties in question. The company’s mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. The CellPort Technologies® platform, a suite of human cell-based test systems for drug transporter characterization, exemplifies Absorption Systems’ commitment to innovation and is soon to be an industry assay standard for in vitrodrug interaction assessment. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Please visit http://www.absorption.com to learn more.