Absorption Systems provides analytical support for gene and cell therapy products through every stage of development and is seeking a candidate for Project Manager at their headquarters in Exton, Pennsylvania, to support the Gene and Cell Therapy (GCT) division. Absorption Systems also provides non-clinical testing services to pharmaceutical and biotech companies to support research and development of drugs, biologics, and medical devices. Project Managers (PMs) are key members of the Absorption Systems Sales and Operations Team and function as liaisons between sponsors, internal research scientists, and business development team members. The PM will use his/her knowledge of Gene and Cell Therapy products and potency assays to design and manage studies for a wide range of sponsor requests ranging from feasibility through regulatory submissions.
- Implementing studies that meet sponsors’ needs in a scientifically sound and cost effective manner
- Manage projects from initiation to completion and ensure the projects are on time, on budgets, and meeting pre-established quality standards
- Providing scientific consultative support for all GMPassays and Gene and Cell Therapy testing services
- Remaining current on global regulatory requirements and industry trends related to development of drugs, biologics, and GCT products
- Maintaining accurate records in multiple internal databases
Other important functions include:
- Managing client expectations with timely and relevant communications
- Coordinating resources to optimize service offerings
- Interacting with different teams on a daily basis including sponsors, scientists, upper management, vendors, legal, and accounting
- Fostering account diversification and expansion in association with sales and marketing
- Degree (B.S. or M.S.) in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or pharmacology
- 5-10 years relevant GMP biologics / biotherapeutics and industry experience
- Working knowledge of potency assays and/or gene and cell therapy products
- Position requires strong professional communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to adapt in a dynamic team environment are keys for success
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
- Medical Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Dental Insurance Plans with Employer Contribution
- Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Reimbursement Account – Funded by Employer
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse & Child(ren)
- Short & Long Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Profit Sharing Plan
About Absorption Systems
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situand in vivomodels to assess the properties in question. The company’s mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. The CellPort Technologies® platform, a suite of human cell-based test systems for drug transporter characterization, exemplifies Absorption Systems’ commitment to innovation and is soon to be an industry assay standard for in vitrodrug interaction assessment. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Please visit http://www.absorption.com to learn more.