Absorption Systems, provides analytical support for gene and cell therapy products through every stage of development, is seeking a candidate for either an Associate Scientist or Scientist position with GMP experience in molecular biology and gene expression at the headquarter location in Exton, Pennsylvania. Absorption Systems also provides non-clinical testing services to pharmaceutical and biotech companies to support research and development of drugs, biologics, and medical devices.
- Conduct GMP study projects: Preparation for protocol of assay, planning and conducting experiments under the direction of a senior scientist
- Conduct studies on molecular biology assays, such as qPCR assays.
- Prepare and maintain cell cultures and reagents
- Document all results in GMP laboratory notebooks and present research data in group and other meetings
- Write report for the study project under the direction of management
- Bachelor degree with 1-3 years of experience or graduate level degree with 2 years or less experience.
- GMP based study experience should include molecular biology, gene expression, special in mRNA/DNA and qPCR.
- Knowledge and experience conducting GMP study in some or all of the following areas (priority for more experience in qPCR)
- Isolation and purification of DNA, RNA and protein from cells, tissues, and other samples (blood).
- RT-PCR, qPCR and GMP study experience (preferred), gene cloning, DNA sequencing and analysis.
- Protein assay, such as ELISA, Western Blotting, Immunohistochemical staining, and cell cytometry.
- Cell culture, transfection, transduction and cell cloning.
- Attention to detail, strong computer skills, good oral & written communication skills are required.
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
- Medical Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Dental Insurance Plans with Employer Contribution
- Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Reimbursement Account – Funded by Employer
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse & Child(ren)
- Short & Long Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Profit Sharing Plan
About Absorption Systems
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situand in vivomodels to assess the properties in question. The company’s mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. The CellPort Technologies® platform, a suite of human cell-based test systems for drug transporter characterization, exemplifies Absorption Systems’ commitment to innovation and is soon to be an industry assay standard for in vitrodrug interaction assessment. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Please visit http://www.absorption.com to learn more.