Senior Scientist – Molecular Biology & Gene Expression
Full Time /
We are seeking a Senior Scientist with a track record of research excellence and biological assay experience to join our Biological Assay Development Team. This team is pioneering innovative small molecule therapies and gene therapy for the treatment of diseases and cancer.
Expertise in molecular biology is required. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual who leads from the bench and enjoys having broad responsibilities and opportunities. You thrive in a collaborative work environment and are skilled at working on multiple projects concurrently.
Knowledge of recent scientific advances and the ability to translate these into research directions is important. As part of the Biology Assay Development team, you will be responsible for advancing projects in the discovery pipeline and conducting hypothesis-driven research that complement our programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a multi-disciplinary project team; serve as team member on other teams
- Drive execution of research strategy
- Develop and maintain key screening assays
- Mentor technical staff
- Prepare reports, publications and oral presentations
- Advanced degree in a biological science or medicine including postdoctoral work
- At least 3 years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry-leading projects and performing laboratory research; qPCR, ddPCR and gene expression study experience is preferred.
- Capable of designing and executing research programs
- Broad technical expertise and a desire to work in a laboratory focused role.
- Experienced at managing/directing the research efforts of others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Record of publications and/or patents
Local Candidates Preferred
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
- Medical Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Dental Insurance Plans with Employer Contribution
- Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Reimbursement Account – Funded by Employer
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse & Child(ren)
- Short & Long Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
About Absorption Systems
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situ and in vivo models to assess the properties in question. The company’s mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. The CellPort Technologies® platform, a suite of human cell-based test systems for drug transporter characterization, exemplifies Absorption Systems’ commitment to innovation and is soon to be an industry assay standard for in vitro drug interaction assessment. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Please visit http://www.absorption.com to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
- qPCR, ddPCR and gene expression study: 3 years (Preferred)
- CRO, biotech or pharmaceutical industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Master’s (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday