Research Associate II (Ocular)
San Diego /
Full Time /
This position requires a broad knowledge of animal anatomy, physiology and biochemistry to help develop and support in vivo models to screen therapeutics and devices being developed for various indications. Experience with ocular anatomy, dosing and sampling techniques is required.
Other important functions include:
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of laboratory animals at the site.
- Experience in the administration of test substances by various basic methods (i.e., oral gavage, IP, IV, ocular, dermal, etc.).
- Conduct general health, ocular, and detailed clinical observation in all species.
- Experienced in the collection of biological specimens (i.e., blood from appropriate vessel from all species of laboratory animals at the site)
- Able to perform study-related activities in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs), study protocols, and company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Review documentation to ensure functions performed meet quality control requirements.
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room setup.
- Participate in study design and preparation of preclinical study protocols and reports.
- Interface with different teams including study director, principal investigator, QC/QA, Account Managers/Sales.
- Maintain accurate records in various internal databases.
- Support internal research projects to optimize service offerings.
- Perform other duties as directed by Management.
- Bachelors in pharmaceutical sciences, life sciences, biology or pharmacology
- Certification as a registered veterinarian technician (RVT) considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree with appropriate experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant industry experience
- Background in lab animal (in vivo) research is a must. Working knowledge of preclinical techniques and modalities will be a plus.
- Position requires good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to adapt in a dynamic team environment are keys for success.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Healthcare & Dependent Care
- Employee Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
About Absorption Systems
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situand in vivomodels to assess the properties in question. The company’s mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. The CellPort Technologies® platform, a suite of human cell-based test systems for drug transporter characterization, exemplifies Absorption Systems’ commitment to innovation and is soon to be an industry assay standard for in vitrodrug interaction assessment.
Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Please visit http://www.absorption.com to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- relevant industry: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- San Diego, CA (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday