In Vivo Pharmacokinetics Scientist
San Diego /
Full Time /
The focus of the In Vivo Pharmacokinetics Scientist will be to lead the ASC PK team in support of sponsor supported drug discovery and development studies. As such, an individual with in-depth knowledge and expertise in ADME and PK/PD is essential. This position will collaborate, align and influence cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate key project questions related to PK, metabolism, assessment of DDI risk, support of discovery and IND enabling ADME and PK/PD studies in multiple species.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the DMPK team focused on supporting discovery and IND enabling programs.
- Provide scientific input on the design and execution of Sponsor supported studies to understand the pharmacokinetics (PK) and absorption, metabolism, distribution, and excretion (ADME) of drug candidates.
- Responsible for overseeing the analysis, interpretation, integration and reporting of preclinical DMPK data generated both internally and with external vendors.
- Provide expertise in multi-species PK study design with a high understanding of species differences, dose routes and prediction of drug candidates using different approaches.
- Partner with and support Ocular and Medical device Departments by implementing ADME strategies that meet program goals.
- PhD in Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics, Chemistry or related scientific discipline with a minimum of 2+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical drug discovery and development experience; or BS/MS with 8+ years of experience.
- Ability to plan, organize, and critically assess and/or perform PK/PD data analyses.
- Strong knowledge of drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics principles.
- Experience in serving as the lead ADME/PK expert on discovery and lead optimization teams.
- Experience in applying DMPK concepts and principles to drug discovery and development.
- Demonstrated capability to mentor junior scientists and manage in a matrix environment.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and partners outside of DMPK to enable high team performance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence.
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Healthcare & Dependent Care
- Employee Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance
- Job Type: Full-time
About Absorption Systems
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situand in vivomodels to assess the properties in question. The company’s mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. The CellPort Technologies® platform, a suite of human cell-based test systems for drug transporter characterization, exemplifies Absorption Systems’ commitment to innovation and is soon to be an industry assay standard for in vitrodrug interaction assessment.
Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.