Drug delivery by the dermal route is increasingly popular for a variety of reasons, including:
• Opportunity to extend pipelines by modifying formulation/route of administration
• Emergence of topical generics and cosmeceuticals
• Consumer benefits, such as improving convenience and flexibility for self-administration, home care, patient and caregiver compliance
• Localized, efficient drug delivery
• Enhanced bioavailability (bypass first-pass metabolism)
An integrated and dynamic experimental approach, incorporating in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo non-clinical models can be used to evaluate dermal delivery (tissue-based and pharmacokinetic models), compare and optimize formulations, minimize DoE runs, and guide critical investment decisions.
Absorption Systems’ unique portfolio of dermal models provides a comprehensive package of predictive testing. We employ a rational and multi-pronged approach which relies on well-validated, nonclinical models to bypass clinical studies and/or enhance quality by design (QbD). This approach allows you to advance your dermatological innovations with increased accuracy and confidence.
Absorption Systems can excel your dermatological advancements with our commitment to accuracy and innovation in preclinical testing and research.