Drug delivery by the dermal route is increasingly popular for a variety of reasons, including:
• Opportunity to extend pipelines by modifying formulation/route of administration
• Emergence of topical generics and cosmeceuticals
• Consumer benefits, such as improving convenience and flexibility for self-administration, home care, patient and caregiver compliance
• Localized, efficient drug delivery
• Enhanced bioavailability (bypass first-pass metabolism)
An integrated and dynamic experimental approach, incorporating in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo non-clinical models can be used to evaluate dermal delivery (tissue-based and pharmacokinetic models), compare and optimize formulations, minimize DoE runs, and guide critical investment decisions.
Absorption Systems’ unique portfolio of dermal models provides a complete package of predictive testing. We employ a rational and multi-pronged approach which relies on well-validated non-clinical models to bypass clinical studies and/or enhance quality by design (QbD).
Absorption Systems can excel your dermatological advancements with our commitment to accuracy and innovation in preclinical testing and research.